The Planar 6 is built around the massive success of the RP8 and RP10 turntables. It is the first new Rega turntable to be constructed with an ultra-lightweight Tancast 8 polyurethane foam core plinth (a material developed for the aerospace industry). This material is sandwiched between a new HPL (high-pressure laminate). HPL is exceptionally thin while extraordinarily rigid and is presented in a stunning Polaris matt grey finished with high gloss polymer black edge trim.
The Planar 6 now benefits from a single-piece, machined aluminum sub-platter, a new 24 V motor hand-tuned and matched to its own Neo power supply, and a custom drive pulley fitted with our upgrade drive belt as standard.
- RB330 tonearm with stainless balance weight
- Exact (MM), Ania (MC), or Ania Pro (MC) cartridge factory fitted (optional)
- Dual-layer float glass platter
- Double brace technology
- Tancast eight foam core plinth
- Custom-matched Neo PSU
- EBLT Reference drive belt fitted as standard
- Available in two matt finishes, Polaris grey and white (new for 2023)
- Lifetime warranty against manufacture defects